As the coronavirus situation continues to evolve, American Secure Title Insurance Agency is committed to supporting the health and safety of our customers and employees, while providing the highest level of service we can in these conditions. We’re taking appropriate steps to limit potential impacts to our employees, customers, and operations. We will follow the appropriate guidance from the Center for Disease Control (CDC)
Social Distancing and Work-at-Home Practices Implemented
We have implemented social distancing practices across the company. Where possible, some of our people may be working from home. We are still focused on the ‘Legacy of Service’ that sets us apart in our industry.
Changes to Closing Practices and Other Steps Taken
To help protect the health of our customers, our employees and the communities in which we operate, we’re doing the following:
- Making hand sanitizer available in our branch offices (if available)
- Wiping down our closing room tables and chairs after each closing
- Providing new pens for each signing and encouraging clients to keep the pens once the closing is completed
- E-Closings now available **for Seller-Side and Cash-Buyer transactions**
- Providing separate closing rooms, (if available)
- Asking that essential signers only attend closings
- Promoting best practices for personal hygiene and workplace cleanliness to employees
- Directing any employee with symptoms of illness to stay home.
Potential of Recording Office Closures
If a County Recorder’s office closes it may impact pending transactions. We are working closely with our Underwriters to ensure transactions could move forward with appropriate title insurance coverage, and with as little disruption as possible.
Committed to Meeting Customer Needs – Check Back for Updates
We remain committed to doing all we can during this difficult time to help keep our industry moving as smoothly as possible. Whether our people are working from home or at the closing table, we’ll keep striving to honor our ‘Legacy of Service’.